So is one of those filler words. Similar to like and very. These are words that are overused, really mean nothing, and don’t add anything to a sentence. If you are writing and you see “so”, “like”, or “very”, take a minute and rethink their use.
Do you really need them in that sentence? Are you using them out of a bad habit? Can you find a better word to use in place of it?
This makes me think of this song.
Am I aging myself? Hey, I’m a proud 80’s girl. Anyway, so like gag me with a spoon. If you want to like totally immerse yourself in like the 80’s Valley Girl thing, then for sure check this out….
Okay, so, like I totally got off topic, but hey, it is a stream of consciousness post, so there ya go.
For those of you who have stayed with me this long. Here is a very useful infographic I found on using very.
This has been a Stream of Consciousness Saturday post. Today’s prompt “so/sow/sew.” Use one, use ’em all, use ’em any way you’d like. Bonus points if you start and end with any of them.
Want to join in? Here’s the rules
Here are Linda’s rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post, you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyones! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Did you see this?