“When I see you smile” This lyric is the first thing that came to my mind when I saw today’s prompt. Back when music was great and our hair was big. Maybe, I’m partial because that happened to be when I was a teenager. Am I aging myself? Oh, well, I will get over it. I am a woman of a certain age and when you become a certain age, you should be proud because as they say, the alternative is worse.
When, if, if and when. If means it might but when means it will. If I go to the store, leaves it up in the air about whether I am going to the store or not. When I go to the store, says I am definitely going not questions asked.
Passive voice always needs more action. Assertiveness gets results but aggression is overkill. When I write I tend to be passive which is funny because in life I tend to be assertive and sometimes can be seen as aggressive by some people. Us “bossy girls” aren’t always liked but we do get the job done.
Well, this stream has carried me from high school all the way to the store, so now I will find the video for the song that is stuck in my head and share it. Enjoy!
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: Start with “WHEN.” Write whatever you’d like, but begin your post with the word “when.” Enjoy!
Want to join in the fun then here are the rules from Linda.
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!