Getting arrested does not have to be a result of a major crime. Research shows that there are more than 10 million Americans who are arrested for minor crimes each year. Should you ever find yourself in this situation without the financial resources to pay your bail you should consider causing a bail bondsman to secure it for you. Want to know more? Keep on reading to find out how.
What Is A Bail Bond?
To understand what a bail bond is, you should have a basic understanding of what bail is. If you have been arrested, you may be granted an appearance in court to state your case. A set amount is set as insurance between you and said court. When this money has been paid and accounted for by the court, you can be released on bail until your scheduled court appearance. Most people who can afford to, pay this money in cash.
But there are those who do not have any cash reserves on them and need to pay the fee urgently. These people opt to use a bail bond as security for their bail. Cordell & Cordell law professionals advise that if you fall in this category of people, an agent will be assigned to you to post the bail on your behalf. You have the option of choosing a criminal or civil bail bond depending on the type of conviction that you have on record.
What are the Advantages of a Bail Bond?
The following are the advantages of using a bail bond agency to secure your bail.
- It saves you money. You only need to pay 10% of the bail amount.
- It saves you time. You don’t need to spend time looking for the bail money.
- It offers you security and convenience.
- You get professional service from someone with experience in court proceedings.
How To Find a Bail Bond Agency
Law firms such as Cordell & Cordell advise that you should know how to find a bail bondsman. If you need the services of a bail bondsman, but you do not know how to find one, you should consider the following tips.
- You should know what your bail amount is.
- Try to negotiate your excessive bail before you contact an agent.
- Do your research on the fees for bail bond agencies.
- Read the reviews of previous clients.
In summary, there are millions of people who cannot afford to post their excessive bail amount. This is why it is important to know the basics of how bail bonds work and how to find a reliable agency.