“Impress me with your knowledge of the law” Mr. Johns whispered pressing her up against the bookshelves.
She laughed uncomfortably knowing that if she planned on ever becoming a partner she had to put up with Mr. Johns and the rest of the good old boys club.
How much pressure does it take to break through that glass ceiling? More or less than it takes to snap Mr. Johns neck?
Mr. Johns saw a smile play across her lips thinking she was enjoying his advances. He had no idea she was actually planning his demise.
Time for a musical interlude
This has been part of Stream of Consciousness Saturday. the prompt for today is: “Press.” Find a word that starts with press-, ends with -press, or use “press” as a word all by itself.
If you want to participate. Here are the rules
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Did you see this?