Last updated on August 26th, 2019
At my house, this is the busy season not just because of the holidays but because all of my children were born in the winter. So we have birthday, Yule, Christmas, New Year, birthday, birthday, birthday. Now that my children are adults and my son lives on the opposite coast than the rest of us, gift giving is even harder. So, I opt for gift cards most of the time. I personally love getting gift cards because it gives me the freedom to choose my own gift. It saves on returns and I can hold on to it and use it when I am broke and need something. Gift cards cost nothing to ship and many can be sent online in minutes so no worries about if the package will arrive on time. My favorite gift card to get is Giftly. Giftly is unique in that it allows the recipient to decide how they want the money. You can have it deposited in your PayPal, bank account, or on a gift card that can be mailed to you.
It seems I’m not alone in wanting a gift card, according to the National Retail Federation, America is predicted to spend $27.6 billion on gift cards this holiday season and for the eleventh year in a row, gift cards remain the most popular items on wish lists, requested by 61 percent of those surveyed.
This year Giftly analyzed several years of sales data to identify the most popular types of gifts purchased across America through their site. Here are some of the ones I found most interesting. You can see the complete list here.
- Alaska has a thing for Cajun restaurants while Louisiana would rather take a trip to the mall.
- Florida wants to go to the grocery store while California prefers to have food delivered.
- Virginia loves a good outlet mall and Texas sure does love a good nail salon.
Check out the map and find out what your state likes. My state enjoys a good Italian restaurant and I am completely in agreement with that.
How Does Giftly Work?
It’s very simple just use your computer or smartphone.
- Visit Giftly.com
- Follow the instructions online and customize the card any way you want.
- Give a gift card via email, text, print out, or a high-quality greeting card in the mail.
- The recipient chooses the most convenient way to receive the gift: as a gift card in the mail or as a credit to their credit card, debit card, bank account, or PayPal account.
- You can suggest something you think they’d like to spend the money on and they can share with you how they spent the actual money if they want.
Why Giftly and not a different gift card?
- It’s fast and easy. You can go online the night before a birthday and have the gift card delivered the next morning.
- It’s convenient. Instead of traipsing from store to store and then off to the post office to mail the gifts, you can just click a few buttons on the computer and you’re done
- It’s personal. You can customize your gift card with different colors and layouts. You can even use your own photos and messages to make it more special.
- It is always the right gift. Who doesn’t want the gift of money? You can suggest how the recipient spends it but the recipient has full control. As a recipient, I have found this to be the best reason.
- Giftly never expires.
I like Giftly so much that I contacted the company and told them I was writing this blog post and would love if they could sponsor this giveaway and they said yes. Giftly started because the founder wanted to send his parents a gift card across the country to their favorite restaurant but that restaurant did not have gift cards. By giving Giftly you can help your friends and family shop local and support their favorite spots in their own community. Giftly also has a corporate program and bulk buying options. You can check those out here.
Special thanks to Giftly.com for providing a $25 gift card to the winner.
Please check out my other giveaways and like Eclectic Evelyn on Facebook
Giftly $25 Gift Card Giveaway
This giveaway is in no way endorsed, affiliated, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or any other Social Media Networking Site. This Giveaway is valid in the United States Only and Entrants must be 18+ years of age to enter. This giveaway event will end on 1/4/2018. The winner will be notified by email and will have 48 hours to email their information back to me(at)eclecticevelyn(dot)com or a new winner will be drawn.The sponsor is responsible for shipping of the above prize. This blog is not responsible for prize fulfillment. If you would like to be a sponsor of a giveaway like this please contact EclecticEvelyn.
➡ This is NOT a sponsored post. I have not been personally compensated for writing this.