Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “still.” Use any definition of the word in your post. Have fun!
The first thing to come to mind when I see the prompt “still” are songs. So I decided to share a few with you. Each of these songs like most music evokes memories across the decades for me. The first song “In the Still of the Night” brings memories of my late grandparents singing to each other as we would drive around in the car. The second “Still” brings up mixed memories of junior high school when the song came out and of my estranged husband. The third song “Still Loving You” takes me right back to highs school and the memories of my friends and their bands. Wow, quite an emotional walk through memory lane for me today. Enjoy!
Want to join #SoCS here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!