The Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “temp.” Use a word with “temp” anywhere in it – beginning, middle or end – or use it as a word all on its own.
Here is my contribution today.
The cool temperature outside is tempting me to return to bed. I don’t think it is so much the cooler temperature today as the rain. Rain always makes for good sleeping weather. I remember when I was younger and would visit family and listen to the rain on the tin roof. There is nothing on this earth more relaxing than rain on a tin roof.
This Post is part of Stream of Consciousness Saturday #SoCS. Join us in the writing fun every Saturday
Here are the rules if you want to participate.
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. Linda Hill will post the prompt here on her blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
5 thoughts on “Sleeping Weather #SoCS”
I love the rain too. Oddly enough I am energized by cold weather and rainy weather. The sunshine makes me sleepy and summer is when I do some of my best napping. 🙂
The heat in the summer makes me sleepy sometimes, but a cool rainy day always does the trick.
I’ve been very tired today Evelyn, maybe it’s the rain. It’s been so long since we’ve had serious rain, I think it may be taking its toll on me.
I’d substitute “tin roof” for “tent” myself, camping in a rain storm has always had a way of relaxing me.
I was caught in a hurricane in a tent when I was young so tents and rain are not very relaxing for me. However I do love a walk in the mountains on a drizzly day. The mist on the mountains is amazing.