Soup is healthy and makes a good option for light dinner along with a sandwich. During winter, I love making different kinds of soups. They are not only filling but give the satisfaction of eating different veggies.
Indo-Chinese is one of the cuisines we enjoy at home. Mixed Vegetable Soup is ideal for dinner, serve it with some fried rice and a good dinner is ready in 30 minutes.
One can use different kinds of vegetables in this soup, I have used a few regular ones. Red cabbage, celery, beetroot, green pea are a few other veggies that you can use.
It stays good for 3-4 days in the refrigerator, use it as per your need.
Mixed Vegetable Soup
- 10 beans
- 1 carrot
- 1 cup cabbage
- 1 capsicum
- 1 onion
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce
- ½ teaspoon pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Chop the vegetables finely.
- Take oil in a pan, add onion and onions and sauté it.
- After a minute, throw in the beans.
- Next, add cabbage and a little later, the carrot pieces.
- Lastly, put the capsicum and let cook for some time.
- The veggies need to be al dente.
- Make a paste of corn flour with some water.
- Put the paste in it. Let simmer for a minute.
- Now, add pepper powder, salt and soya sauce.
- Once it boils, switch off the stove.
- Serve hot.
Jayashree T Rao
Jayashree is a food blogger and freelance content writer. She loves cooking and trying new dishes. Author of three e-books, South Indian Breakfast, 30 Tasty Dal Recipes, and Breadbasket. They are available on Amazon. A poet at heart, some of her poems are published in anthologies.
Make sure you follow her on social media and check out her website for more recipes.
[text-blocks id=”20257″ slug=”guest-post-bottom”]