Please note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission when you make a purchase using these links. It does not affect your price but it helps support my work. Thank you! Please read the full Disclosure Statement
If you are an early bird or a night owl, you can not function properly unless you are getting the right amount of sleep. Lack of sleep causes mistakes and accidents on and off the job. Did you know that driving sleepy can be just as dangerous as driving intoxicated? Lack of sleep impairs brain function and makes decision making difficult.
[bctt tweet=”Did you know that driving sleepy can be just as dangerous as driving intoxicated?” username=”EclecticEvelyn”]
In order to be your most productive you need to get proper sleep. You also need to make sure your child gets enough sleep. We are so busy packing their days full of activities, sports, and playdates that we don’t always schedule in enough sleep time for our children. Children are not little adults, they require nearly twice as much sleep as adults. If you want your child to succeed in school then more attention needs to be paid to bedtime then to practice time.
[bctt tweet=”For a child to succeed in school more attention needs to be paid to bedtime then to practice time.” username=”EclecticEvelyn”]
National Sleep Foundation recently released its new recommendations for the amount of sleep we should each aim to get.Of course, there will be exceptions and differences based on your individual needs, but the non-profit foundation’s experts recommend the following:
- School-age children (6-13): Since the last recommendations were released, the optimal sleep range widened by one hour — to 9-11 hours.
- Teenagers (14-17): Similarly, the sleep range for this age group widened by one hour — to 8-10 hours.
- Younger adults (18-25): For this new age category, the ideal sleep range is 7-9 hours.
- Adults (26-64): Sleep range did not change and remains 7-9 hours.
- Older adults (65+): Optimal sleep range for this new age category is 7-8 hours.