This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission when you make a purchase using a link. It does not affect your price but it does help support this blog. Disclosure Statement
On the day Prince died, a little girl named Amy was murdered in a bathroom at her high school. I want to apologize to Amy that I did not give her the attention she deserved. I was too busy thinking about my lost youth and how Prince had been a large part of my teenage soundtrack. While I was reminiscing about my high school boyfriend you were being beaten to death at your high school. I’m not sure what the connection is I’m trying to make but it is extremely sad that while an entire generation was thinking about the joys of first love you were dying for one.
It’s not a romantic tragedy like Romeo and Juliet but it is a tragedy. It’s a tragedy that a beautiful, young 15-year-old lost her life. It’s a tragedy that her life was taken by other young girls who will now have their lives forever changed. Amy, I just want to say I’m sorry that your death was overshadowed but I want you to know you are not forgotten.
— princess❣ (@myanichelle_) April 21, 2016
For those of you who may not be familiar with what happened to Amy.
- Amy Inita Joyner-Francis, 16, died after being attacked by a gang of girls
- Witnesses said the victim had got into a fight with another girl over a boy
- She was suddenly jumped by a gang of girls in the bathrooms of Howard High School of Technology
- Video shows the teen being grabbed by her hair and forced to her knees
- Joyner was knocked out and her head allegedly banged against the sink
- Amy was flown by helicopter to A.I. DuPont Children’s Hospital in critical condition where she was later pronounced dead
- Classmate said Amy didn’t ‘believe in fighting’ and probably went into the bathroom to ‘talk things out
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3556556/Shocking-moment-girl-16-jumped-gang-bullies-beaten-death-school-fight-boy.html#ixzz49K81jp00
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook